What is Google My Business?
Google My Business is an exceptional tool that allows you to manage your online presence. It’s a competitive world, thousands of businesses open every day. for instance how are you managing your online presence? When it comes to online searches, Google generates more than 50% of the total local searches. This is why online visibility being what businesses need to consider in attracting potential customers. All small business owners must utilize the free tool provided by Google. When a potential customer searches for a product or service on Google, the first three listings are usually Google Adwords advertisements, followed by a map with the Local 3-pack, then the organic results appear.
It is one of the ways via which your business can rank on the first page of the search engine. Therefore, potential customers will be able to see your location, contacts, and other information from your page. Different businesses use this platform to engage their consumers and understand their interests. As a result, through Google My Business, you get to promote your business on the internet. With a GMB account, you give customers searching for your products or similar, to connect with you and display your business profile.
GMB allows you to share information about your business, including your address, contact information, and also working hours. Apart from that, the listing puts your business in front of many potential customers and gives them easy access to your contacts, direction, website, and hours off operation – all at no cost.
How to set up Google My Business
- The first step is to sign in to Google my business. Find the link here.
- Sign in to your google account. Remember to use your business email or domain because this listing is for your business. Click on next.
- Enter your business or chain’s address. Set up the location manually if needed and proceed.
- Choose how you want your business displayed- If you serve customers at that address or not.
- Select a business category and proceed.
- Enter a phone number and finish. Review your information and select a verification option. And Voila! You’re all set.
Why you need it?
A Google my business listing can boost your traffic and sales. According to Google, by having a Google My Business listing, businesses are 70% more likely to attract local visits from browsing users. Moreover, here are a few more reasons Why You Must Use Google My Business for Local Marketing-
- It increases your visibility on the internet.
- It helps you build trust and so increases your credibility.
- Shares your information with potential customers who turn out to generate more leads, as a result increasing your sales.
- Provides your customers a medium to leave a review. Therefore, this boosts your reputation by appealing to more customers.
- GMB makes it simple for your customers to find the exact location of your business on Google Maps and not having to rely on word-of-mouth directions for instance.
Therefore, having a GMB listing is just the start of your local marketing journey. The reasons are endless, in fact, it even helps you find your targeted people in a small geographical location, where your business is located. It is one step on how you can take your business ahead. In addition to this, you can read similar articles here.