You are creating a website for your business and apparently you have no idea how the Google ranking works. Well! There are almost 200 factors that Google uses to rank a site. That is a pretty huge number and as a beginner, it is intimidating, right? Not everything is of the same importance for your website, hence you must find the catch!
This blog is for all the newcomers in the online world. We have a few tips, or you can say know-hows which can help you rank in Google search. Here, we are going to guide you on how you can boost your page ranking. Therefore, this is where Search Engine Optimization comes in, but you must note that SEO is not just a single parameter platform to boost your ranking.
In order to create an SEO-friendly page, you must balance many other parameters which might seem very complicated to you right now but will sound just fine later. Technically SEO might seem a bit daunting nut once you are familiar with the content, have the website structure knowledge, marketing, and development teams managing the ranking will be smoother, not easy because Google comes up with a new thing every other week or so.
So, here, we have 10 Google ranking secrets for you.
Secrets to Google ranking-
- Optimize your keywords- Keywords are very important because that is what people search in the search engine. It is the central idea of your page. Before building content for your page, identify the keywords. Keep the parameters of SEO in check and do not compromise with the content.
- Improve user experience- Any website can generate traffic with the website’s usability, design, brand name, and the SEO level.
- On-page optimization- A website’s on-page optimization will determine the page ranking on Google. Factors like keywords in the meta description and title tags, H1, image alt-texts, canonicals, URLs, etc.
- Internal and external links- These two serve as an authoritative feature in SEO. A few outbound links will earn you Google’s trust, however, if you are adding too many outbound links, it may lower your ranking. While internal links strengthen the page with your site.
- Image alt-text- Every image on your website comes with an image alt-text. This serves an important purpose in SEO. You must have searched for images on Google, now writing the image alt-texts will help you rank on the first page. If not visible or it doesn’t load, the text will help the user.
- Meta description- A meta description is a short description that is in the HTML. It is the grey colored text that briefs you about your search results below the title of the page. It gives searchers more details about the page without opening it too.
- Crawlability- Website crawl ability and making a website searchable goes beyond making sure Google can “crawl” the website. For the most effective crawling, it’s imperative that the information architecture is constructed in a way that reflects their thought processes, thus, help both user types discover information on a website.
- Mobile Usability- Your page’s ranking could go higher if you have a mobile app. Google’s search engine will evaluate a page based on mobile usability first.
- URL structure- A jumbled URL will impact search rankings negatively. Therefore, you need to have a properly structured and SEO-friendly URL.
- Title and Heading- Make sure your heading and title have the proper keywords. It will help the search engine optimize the search results and rank your page higher.